We’ll see where this goes. I’m no lawyer, but it seems to me unconstitutional for DOMA to make it illegal for the federal government to recognize gay marriages (for the purpose of benefits and such) performed legally according to state law. No sense in getting our hopes up, but this could end up being a big showdown with Clarence Thomas — he of the states’ rights movement — at the fulcrum.
- Lost. Woah.
- Contemporary Decency
- Michael Cera, Assassin
- The “Mystery” of Sarah Palin’s Unpopularity
- Not Especially Surprising
- Jonah Goldberg. Need I Say More?
- Dick Armey, Everyman
- There’s no Beer like Andechs Beer
- Why Obstructionism is, Unfortunately, a Fine Political Strategy
- A Stab at Social Commentary